Community Safety Precautions
for Massage & Bodywork
Covid-19 Vaccine Update: I have now received both doses of the vaccine as of March 12, 2021
Health and Safety Practices: This is a new year... However, extra safety precautions continue in regards to COVID-19. If you have traveled recently, have flu like symptoms, have tested positive or been around anyone who has tested positive, have had a fever in the past 24 hrs – Please do not schedule an appointment until you have quarantined 14 days. I will be helping to keep you well by doing the same. I will reschedule your appointment if I am not feeling well, have had a fever or have myself, been exposed. At the time of all appointments, face masks are being worn by both client and myself. If you do not have a mask, I will have one for you. When you come in for your session, please wash your hands before we begin. I will continue to sanitize all possible surfaces clients come in contact with between each client and schedule longer time periods in between appointments.
Thank you for your understanding! I am committed to creating a calm, peaceful and safe environment for us all.
During Phase 2 of reopening in NC, I will follow guidelines provided by the CDC, the FSMTB and the NC Massage Board in addition to our state and local governments, to prevent the spread of COVID-19. I will open under the strict conditions outlined in the NC Governor's Executive Order No. 141 : Phase 2, which addresses maximum occupancies, signage, hygiene, cleaning and disinfecting, social distancing, and client/staff screenings.
The following safety measures have been implemented to protect the health of our community, clients and therapist.
- Please WEAR A FACE MASK. Both the client and massage therapist are required to wear masks for the entirety of the appointment.
- You will be asked to WASH YOUR HANDS and/or use hand sanitizer before the massage session begins.
- Each client must fill out an additional short health screening at every visit.
- Additional time allotted between each appointment to allow for thorough sanitation of all surfaces with an EPA approved disinfectant and to allow for proper ventilation of the treatment room.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided in the treatment room.
- There is a air humidifier that will be on in the room during your appointment time.
- Please reschedule your appointment if you have a fever, have tested positive or been around anyone who has tested positive.
Let’s all do our part in preventing the spread of illness in our community! Please stay home if you have symptoms of illness or if you are at high risk for severe illness from Covid-19. If you are healthy, I look forward to serving you in the safest manner possible. Thank you for your understanding!
All clients seen in the Durham Bodywork treatment room will be asked to fill out a pre-screening form in advance of their appointment. In addition, I am monitoring my body temperature and ask that clients also take their temperature in the 24 hours before our session-I will also take your temperature upon arrival. If the client or therapist has a temperature above 100F, we will reschedule the session at no charge.